Re: best tool for docbook?

Hi Jirka!

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> I don't think that Emacs+PSGML is XML editing environment for masses - I
> think I can say it, because I'm using it 80 % of time working with my
> computer. [...]

Ok, but why do you think WYSIWYG XML editors are a tool for masses? Since
there is no *real* WYSIWYG in the XML world, why care about it? To be
honest, I don't really see why Emacs+PSGML could not be used by a wider
audience. Ok, a sysadmin should provide the right ".emacs" (or
"_emacs") file. But once it's done, editing with emacs can be quite
comfortable. Moreover, a package like "psgmlx" makes it even easier to
set up an SGML/XML editing environment based on Emacs.

> [...] Which tool is the best
> depends on previous users experience and background.

Sure. As I see it, one can always use the emacs menus if the keystrokes
are too hard to remember.

> If you want make typing documents easier for your users you must
> customize editing environment - add some toolbars which will insert
> often used sequences of markup as templates and so on.

Right. That's exactly what the psgmlx package offers. Maybe not to the
full extent, but what the "full extent" is, is just a matter of taste
anyway.

Greetings,

	Holger