preface page numbering

Hi all,

I was still working with docbook-dsssl-1.62 because of a problem in page
numbering in 1.64
I just installed 1.72, this is better but I still get two page #1:
- cover page of the book,
- first page of first chapter after the preface.

I couldn't find any standard option to either:
- get roman numbering for preface instead of arabic,
- do not reset page numbering at first chapter.

Thanks for your help, Camille.