Re: Catalog dor DocBook and URI for the XSL stylesheets

/ Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> was heard to say:
|  I'm integrating XML Catalog into libxml and libxslt, and I would

Woo hoo! Thanks, Daniel!

|  So basically I'm wondering:
|    - if there is a default XML Catalog template for DocBook XML Dtds
|      (preferably based on 4.1.2)
|    - if there is a default XML Catalog template for DocBook XSLT stylesheets

The idea of a default catalog is sort of odd to me. The point of a catalog
is to map from public/system identifiers and URIs to local copies of the
resources. If there was a standard "local place" we could have a standard
catalog. Uh, but we also wouldn't need the catalog :-)

So perhaps I misunderstand?

|   I can relatively easilly produce the former, but for the latter
| I don't even know of URIs associated to the DocBook XSLT stylesheets,
| it seems they don't have a standard location in the Web.

They do now, actually,

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/{$VERSION}/...

Where $VERSION="snapshot" is a pointer to some working stuff.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The important thing is not what