Re: Bad vertical postionning of a footer table

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 09:43:29AM +1200, Dave Brooks, BCS Systems wrote:
> My guess is that it is a lurking problem in the fancyhdr package (which is
> used by jadetex).

I suspected that as well, and thus sent a mail about this to Piet van
Oostrum (fancyhdr), CC to Sebastian Ratz (jadetex), but got no answer.

> I have seen problems with headers when trying to put a
> rule (via DSSSL make rule) underneath the header text - all is well if just
> one of outer/center/inner header has text but otherwise the base line
> positioning of (say) the outer v's the inner text are different. With no
> rule all is well.

> My solution is to use fancyhdr's \headerrulewidth to generate the rule and
> have extended OpenJade and JadeTeX so that this can be controlled via a
> head-rule characteristic of a simple-page-sequence (also first-head-rule,
> foot-rule and first-foot-rule). On the todo list is submitting the patches
> to SourceForge - meanwhile if anyone wants them please email me.

Yes, please, I'd like to see that !  I don't think the approach can be
generalized for tables, but it can provide a nice alternative.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre