Re: Access to the root node in dsssl ?

/ Yann Dirson <ydirson@alcove.fr> was heard to say:
| I'm trying to have my dsssl transformation stylesheets guess the gi of
| the root element (article, book, table, ...), so that I can output the
| correct doctype line.
|
| Unfortunately in the following clause the call to (gi) returns #f.
| Anyone knows what the problem is ?
|
| (root
|     (make sequence
|       (make document-type
| 	name: (gi (current-root))
| 	public-id: "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.3//EN"
| 	system-id: "/usr/lib/sgml/dtd/docbook-xml/docbookx.dtd")
|       (process-children)))

Yeah, the problem is that when the root template fires, there is no
current node (it's a little weird, but it's "above" the root, so to
speak). The trick is:

 (node-property 'document-element (node-property 'grove-root grove-node)))

Which is the definition of (sgml-root-element) in dblib.dsl :-)

| to no avail.  (children (current-root)) also returns an empty
| node-list in this context, which seems suspicious to me.

No current node, no children.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--