Re: Strategies & Tips Sought for Single Sourcingw/DocBook

Megan Golding wrote:

> Is "role" the way to go for including/excluding text? How do I modify my

You can use role as it is general purpose extension attribute. It is
also possible to use attriutes "userlevel", "arch" or "os" to store
profiling information.

> DSSSL to inclue all elements with no role and include elements with only
> a specific role (bob, for example) but not elements of other roles (joe,
> for example)?

It is possible but you came in big troubles when included/excluded
elements are part of ToC or automaticaly numbered (figure, section and
so on).

The reliable and easy to use way is in first step create new document
only with included elements and in second apply common stylesheet on it.
You can download XSL stylesheets, there is stylesheet
tools/profile/profile.xsl which is able to include/exclude elements
based on content of any attribute. The result taken from this stylesheet
can be then processed by DSSSL stylesheets.

Documentation for profiling stylesheet can be found at

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/xsl/doc/tools/profiling.html

				Jirka