Change Bars [from docbook list]

/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> was heard to say:
| | I want to generate change bars on printed output.  Can I use
| | XSL style sheets to render into PostScript?
|
| Ah, changebars.xsl is an HTML stylesheet. I haven't written a print one
| yet. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a way to make Jade or
| XSL FO produce traditional print change bars.

Simple brain cramp on my part. Doing it in FO is pretty easy, at least
for blocks, one can just use, for example:

  <fo:block border-end-color="black"
            border-end-style="solid"
            border-end-width="0.5pt"
            padding-end="3pt">

That's not going to do the right thing for inlines, but maybe
something could be worked out. Color could be used, of course, but it
would be nice to have a b&w solution too.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | One must look for one thing only,