Re: Can website dtd do page "masters"?

/ "Lassi A. Tuura" <lat@iki.fi> was heard to say:
| I am working on some web pages and am interested in using the website
| dtd + xsl.  The site being sufficiently complex, we would like to use
| multiple page layouts.  Looking at the website xsl I couldn't quite see
| if we could or could not do this.

No, there's no support for that at the moment. It could be done "by
hand", coding up different templates for pages with particular roles
or with particular relationships to other pages, etc.

| We also need to integrate with other
| page generators; I'd need to see how I can do that.

Can you explain what you mean by "other page generators" and
"integration" in this context?

| I was thinking of `<config param="master" value="some-layout"/>' on a
| web page which would then pull in `some-layout' to produce that page
| (some-layout could be a .xml template, or a .xsl or ...).  There would

It's an interesting idea. I'll think about it a bit and see if I have
any inspiration.

| Can website do this now?  If yes, can someone point me to examples?  If
| not, does this sound like a reasonable direction to go to?  I'll happy
| to hack at the .xsl as long as it is not changing all the time under my
| feet and others feel I am going in the right direction...

The website stylesheets are pretty stable. I'll probably do the 2.0 "real"
release sometime next week.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--