Re: chunk with Internet Explorer

> From: "Kaiser Christian (SV SC RS T33)" <Christian.1.Kaiser@at.siemens.de>
>
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to use MSXML4 to get a chunked (display) output?
> Is it a really a matter of IE, or should it be possible to manipulate
> the stylesheet (chunk.xsl) ?
>
> any help would be appreciated,
> (-:hris

I don't think MSXML4 in IE can do chunked output.  Since it only
has one display window, exactly what would it do with all
the chunks?  The Next and Previous links would be rendered
as references to other HTML files, but they don't exist.
Perhaps you could be more clear about what you expect it do
do.

If you are looking for it to display a subset of
a large document, then that is possible.  The main
docbook.xsl stylesheet takes an optional 'rootid' parameter
whose value is that of an 'id' attribute on some element in the
document.  The output of the processing will include only
that element and its children.  The whole document
is parsed and processed, so numbering and cross references
resolve, but only that element's content is output.

I have to say I have used this method only with
a command line XSLT processor, not with IE5.
I don't know how you would set a parameter when
calling a file with its stylesheet in a browser.
Perhaps someone else knows how to do that.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com