Re: DOCBOOK: Problem: X20AC is not a function name

[replying to docbook-apps]

This issue is well discussed on the Docbook Apps archive. Actually, the
docbook-apps list is better suited to this kind of question.

To solve this problem, do the following:

Set the SGML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable to point to some file,
e.g. catalog.txt

Create the file catalog.txt with the following entries (the order is
important):

CATALOG "C:\programs\openjade-1.3\dsssl\catalog"
CATALOG "C:\tools\dtd\docbookx\ent\isoent.cat"
CATALOG "C:\tools\dtd\docbookx\docbook.cat"

Of course, change the paths to the files for your installation.

That should do the trick.

The reason for the errors is that Jade is an SGML application and your
document is an XML application. You need the relevant declarations in the
appropriate places. The errors are generated because the entities are
defined as SGML, but you are parsing them with an XML declaration.

Hope this helps

Gershon