Re: Need help including c source

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:11:53AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> was heard to say:
> |   Embedding source examples is really important.
> | Is there a description of those extension ? A pointer
> | would be welcome. I assume foo.c is an URI-Reference.
>
> Yeehaw! Maybe DV will get around to writing my extensions before
> I do :-)

  Hum, I already promised more than I can implement it seems :-)

> The "source inclusion" extension is a simple extension element:
>
>   <prefix:insertfile href="{$filename}"/>
>
> It builds a result-tree-fragment that contains the text of the
> document loaded from the href and returns it.
>
> Actually, it's an <xi:include parse="text" href="{$filename}">.
> IIRCC, you already support xinclude so maybe I should just
> add that to my stylesheet...

  Well, some of the points faced in developping XInclude get raised
like what shall be done if chars outside of the ASCII range are found ...
Reusing XInclude sounds a good idea but:
   - it would require activating it on the result tree, currently
     the --xinclude flag of xsltproc works on the input document
     (ohhh the XML pipeline issues are back)
   - some care should be taken in the stylesheet so that XInclude
     is not processed at parsing (which would result in a
     "entity not found: {$filename}" or similar message :-)

  But again it would require a post XSLT step (which I can easilly add
but may not be available for all tools yet).

  Adding a --postxinclude flag to xsltproc is trivial, but
it is a limited solution for the moment (like extension functions but
more general).

Daniel