Euro symbol using Jade/Jadetex and Docbook 3.1

Hi,

I'm trying to include the Euro symbol in some documents. It seems there
is the € entity in HTML, but not in Docbook and not in the standard
entity sets. How can I make the symbol known to Jade? I tried the
numeric entity reference € but in HTML in comes out literally and
i couldn't get any browser to display it (may well be the browsers
fault) while Jade complains about an unknown character. Using \U-xxxx
(specific to Jade?) doesn't help either, it just comes out as \U-xxxx in
HTML and in PDF.

Ideally I'd like Jade to output € in HTML (where it is supposed to
exits, isn}t it?) and Jadetex to output the Euro symbol (TeX has been
doing it for ages). Does anyone know how to do it?

TIA, Udo.
--
GCS/M d+ s-:+ a-- C+++>$ U+ P--- L+++ E-@ W- N++ o? K? w--- O? M-
V? PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP++>+++ t+(--) 5+ X- R- tv b+ DI+ D G e h! r* y

PGP signature