Re: Error: Output character not available

Jirka,

Thanks for your help. Adding "htmlhelp.encoding=windows-1252" helped. But
then I get the following error:

Writing htmlhelp.hhp
Error on line 117 of
file:/C:/tools/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.45/html/chunker.xsl:
  Output character not available in this encoding (decimal 174)
Transformation failed: run-time errors were reported

Using the following command with all 3 parameters you suggested makes no
difference:

saxon M:\doc\doc\products\mainwin\techdoc\src\docset.xml
 m:\doc\doc\tools\xsl\hh.xsl "htmlhelp.encoding=windows-1252"
 "default.encoding=windows-1252" "saxon.character.representation=native"

The truth is I don't need to encode my XML source in UTF-8. I use English
language only, so I could use ISO-8859-1. I used UTF-8 because it's become
the default in Epic and I figured this way I could write other languages
in the future without needing any further changes. Perhaps I was wrong.

Do you suggest I change my XML source to ISO-8859-1, or is there a better
solution?

By the way, I get the above errors while processing the XSL stylesheet,
not when running hhc.exe. The error occurs while the htmlhelp.hhp file is
being written.

Thanks again,

Gershon