mkdiff + index building

[Get raw message]
Hi,

I've used mkdiff to have differences between two releases of a document.
It works fine *but* I needed to update many perl modules on my system. I
would like to have the same tool on another machine but I can hardly
update its configuration. So my question is: is there another tool in
another language that manages this, with less dependancies?

Beside this, I've another question: I would like to make an index
automatically from a predefined list of words, without adding by hand
the <indexterm> tags everywhere in the file. I know it's not hard to
hack something to do this, but maybe a tool already exists, so...

Thanks.

BG