Re: 4xslt + docbook.xsl = "maximum recursion"

> From: Rich Churcher <churcher@ihug.com.au>
>
> I hope this is an appropriate place to post this question. If not,
> please let me know.
>
> The trouble is, I'm too inexperienced to know if it's 4Suite, the
> DocBook stylesheets or my own bumbling that's caused the problem (of
> course, I suspect that last option :o)  I've converted our newsgroup's
> FAQ to DocBook XML, to the point where it now validates happily and
> seems to be well-formed. However, when I attempt to use XSLT to convert
> to HTML, 4xslt works away for about half an hour, then dies with
> "maximum recursion depth exceeded."  No output file is written:
> [stuff deleted]

If your document validates, it
sounds like the problem is with 4suite.  The DocBook
XSL stylesheets are among the most complex out there.
They exercise a great deal of the XSL spec and use a lot
of recursion.  Since the version of 4suite you quoted is
0.11, perhaps it cannot handle Docbook yet.  Do you know
anyone who has successfully used 4suite with DocBook files?

There are other XSLT processors out there that are known
to handle DocBook, including Saxon and xsltproc.  If you
aren't tied to 4suite, you might try one of them.

bobs
                                            email: bobs@caldera.com