Re: xalan-j performance

Hello All,

Saxon seems faster indeed, now I need to find some ways to optimize my java performance, It
takes about 10 seconds before the transformation takes place. I have heard rumors that java
can be pre-loaded into memory and that I can reserve some more memory for the transormation
to take place (-Xmx512?)
Does anyone know a faq/website wich contains information on that subject, All my searches
resulted in information for programmers to optimze their code for performance, not for
running the code.

Regards,

Thnaks for the help,

Gerrit Kuilder

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Gerrit Kuilder wrote:
> ¨
> > when running the html stylesheets through xalan-j (windows and linux) the performance
> > is slow compared to the saxon.exe (windows only.) Any tips to improve the
> > performance?
>
> Switch to pure Java version of Saxon. It can be run under any
> Java-enabled platform, and it is even faster than saxon.exe (which uses
> quite old MS JVM).
>
> --
>   Jirka Kosek
>   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
>   http://www.kosek.cz

Gerrit Kuilder    | Tel: +31 (0)20 620 2349
Portalyx b.v.     | Fax: +31 (0)20 421 0064
Windroosplein 110 | Mobile: +31 (0)621 841 360
1018 ZW Amsterdam | E-mail: support@portalyx.com
The Netherlands   | Web: http://www.portalyx.com