Re: announce: "dbtexmath"

Eric Richardson wrote:

> > If you proceed this way, I can add this functionality to XSL
> > stylesheets, so it will be possible to use both DSSSL and XSL
> > stylesheets to pass math to TeX or generate file for automatic
> > TeX-to-image processing.
>
> Could this be done with an extension with Java/XSL solution or is there
> a way to call an external program somehow to do this?

In theory I can write extension for XSLT in Java which will use NTS (New
Typesetting System - which is reimplementation of TeX in Java) and some
Java image libraries to create images from equation in one step.

But more realistic approach (which I have actually in mind) is to use
XSLT to generate TeX file with all equations and some Perl or shell
script, which will be able to invoke TeX to typeset equations and dvidot
(or some other program) which can convert DVI to bitmap images.

				Jirka