Windows editor for DocBook XML that does not mess withfiles?

Folks,

I am in a position where I have another tech writer who will be
assisting me with documentation.  The intent is to keep it all
in DocBook XML.  There are, however, a couple of major issues:

1. I work in Linux. She works in Windows.

2. I work in a text editor (vim) and have no problem swimming
   in a world of tags.  She is used to working in GUI tools
   like Microsoft Word.

So... in order to bring her up to speed the quickest, I would like
to find a Windows GUI editor that she can use to work with
DocBook XML. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Free/open source is preferred, but commercial is also an option.

Beyond being something that she can be comfortable working with,
my technical concern is that I do not want the tool to mess with
the formatting of the XML file.  I do everything in CVS and will
be setting her up with WinCVS to access the repository.  I want
an editor that will suck in an XML file, let her edit it, and
then write it out without changing spacing, indentation (i.e.
doing anything to "pretty up" the code).

I want to be able to do CVS diffs and seeing only *her* changes,
not those that the editor will make. (Can you tell I have had
previous (negative!) experience with editors?)

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training, Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation                  dan_york@mitel.com