RE: Translating latex to docbook

Hi,

Probably best is to use something like untex to remove any markup and add
mark up accordingly by hand. That's quicker for a one-shot solution than
configuring any (complex) transafromation tool.

Apart from sectioning and some kinds of lists, LaTeX/TeX's document markup
mixing visual and locigal markup does not allow "correct" automatic
translation into DocBook's more semantic markup.

See also Sebastian's advice:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200007/msg00218.html

which partially applies to LaTeX as well, depending on the amount of visual
markup.

Jens

Btw. I had those exceptionally clean Word files to convert, but it was a lot
of clean-up anyway.