Re: Using profile.xsl to filter conditionalized documents

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:35:07PM -0500, Bradford, Denis wrote:
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement profile.xsl. Can anyone
> tell what I'm doing wrong?
>
> The first problem is that it's not preserving the structure of my book. My
> book is chunked: it calls a bunch of file entity fragments (chapters). When
> I run profile.xsl on the book, it generates the whole book in one file.
> However, I don't see way to to control chunking in profile.xsl, since it
> doesn't seem to use the normal docbook.xsl parameters & templates.

It is a two-step process.
You use profile.xsl to generate an intermediate file
that has been 'profiled', that is, that meets your
conditional text specs.  Then you run the normal docbook
stylesheet on that intermediate file.  To chunk, you would
just apply chunk.xsl to the output file from profile.xsl.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com