Re: Using profile.xsl to filter conditionalized documents

"Bradford, Denis" wrote:

> However, I can't specify more than one value for a condition when I run
> profile.xsl. For example:
>
>       saxon -o xsample.xml sample.xml profile.xsl "os=Windows;UNIX"
>
> The result of this command is to OMIT both Windows and UNIX conditions, the
> opposite of what I wanted.
> Is it possible to get multiple values to work on the command line?

Not a nice way, but if you have only two values, you can do the
following trick:

saxon -o xsample.xml sample.xml profile.xsl "os=Windows" "attr=os"
"val=UNIX"

Implementing user-friendly way ("os=Windows;UNIX") is not so easy as
XSLT doesn't have data types like array or list.

> The reason I ask is that Epic's profiling allows you to do this, and I'm
> trying to reproduce that capability independently of Epic.

profile.xsl is free and small piece of software. It currently doesn't
provide same functionality as 700 USD Epic. ;)

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz