Re: Generating Indexes

Hello,

I have/had this problem too, using an older version of (I believe)
index.xsl
(from 1.29) solved it for me, haven't tested it for a while though.

Regards,

Gerrit

Alexander Schatten wrote:

> Jirka Kosek wrote:

> >>sorry for adding a question: I use the XSL stylesheets for HMTL
> >>production (PDF does not work correctly yet), but unfortunately no
> >>indices are generated, though I have indexterms defined in the text.
> >>

> > It seems that you are using some quite old version of XSL stylesheets.
> > If you grab latest version of stylesheets, index will be generated
> > automatically for you from <indexterm>s in your document.
> >

> no, unfortunately it does not work.
>
> (1) I downloaded the "docbook-xsl-1.47-experimental"; this should be the
>   most recent stylesheets
>
> (2) I have an indexentry in the docbook XSL it looks like this:

> (3a) I try to create HTML using autoidx.xsl (that was once recommenden):
> this does not work at all: it generates plain text, no html any more??
>
> (3b) I try docbook.xsl: this works: generates HTML, but no index
>
> (3b) I try chunk.xsl: this creates correctly a "chuncked version", but--
> you can guess--no index.
>
> so PLEASE give me a hint: where is my problem; where is my
> misunderstanding. unfortunately the documentation is very hard to
> understand, so I am not sure whether there must be configured something
> else...
>
> thank you very much in advance
>
> alex
>
> p.s.: btw: sorry, my last posting went directly per email to you, which
> was because the mailing list is configured (who knows why? no other
> mailing list is like this) that a reply is directed to the person not to
> the list???

Gerrit Kuilder    | Tel: +31 (0)20 620 2349
Portalyx b.v.     | Fax: +31 (0)20 421 0064
Windroosplein 110 | Mobile: +31 (0)621 841 360
1018 ZW Amsterdam | E-mail: support@portalyx.com
The Netherlands   | Web: http://www.portalyx.com