Re: "link annotations can't be nested" from Passivetex(pdfxmltex)

TW> What version of pdfTeX do you have?  I think this might be due to
TW> a bug in an old version of pdfTeX (I'm using 0.14h here).

Ah, well that could be it:

$ pdftex --version
pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.13d
kpathsea version 3.3.1
Copyright (C) 1999 Han The Thanh, Petr Sojka, and Jiri Zlatuska.
Kpathsea is copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Han The Thanh, Petr Sojka, and Jiri Zlatuska.
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry and others.

I assume that the version you are referring to it the "-0.13d" part of
the pdfTeX version string.  (I thought that TeX was supposed to be
"bug-free", didn't Donald Knuth say so? ;-))

This is the tetex 1.0.7 from the base Slackware 8.0 installation that
I use at work.  Again is there a simple way of fixing just the
"pdfTeX" part of my TeX installation, without having to upgrade the
entire thing?

A.