itemizedlists in tables: TeX/PDF output problem

I am encountering problems with PDF output when I nest an itemizedlist in a
table. Essentially, the items in the list are unaligned and overlap the borders
of the table. The RTF and HTML output looks great, however. So, it seems there
is something going on with the TeX output.

The examples are available here:

http://io.netdot.net/~sez/test.xml
http://io.netdot.net/~sez/test.pdf

I am using:
DocBook XML v4.1.2
openjade v1.3.4
norm's modular dsssl stylesheets v1.74b
MacOS X 10.1.1 (thanks to everyone who helped me get up and running a couple months back!)

I *could* just use Word + Acrobat Distiller to generate fine looking output
from the RTF file, but I'd rather not depend on expensive proprietary software.
;)

While I'm on the topic of PDF output, I understand that it is possible to get
bookmarks for the TOC included in the PDF output. These are the bookmarks that
appear to the left of a document when you are viewing it in Acrobat Reader. I
have been unsuccessful after trying a number of tips that I found in the
docbook-apps archives. Is there anything special that I need to do?

--
Sasha Zucker
szucker@mac.com