Re: Conceptual model for processing DocBook SGML and XML

* Ian Castle <ian.castle@looksystems.co.uk> [011221 07:29]:

> The output from Jade with the tex-backend is a single file. The diagram,
> if I am reading it correctly, implies that there is a separate output
> for PDF and PS.

AFAIK the FreeBSD toolchain for creating documentation indeed creates
separate output TeX files for PDF and PS (the DSSSL customization file
lets you customize each output differently).

> Also, is it worth mentioning the MIF output of jade/openjade - Not sure
> if anyone uses that?

I think Nik's intention was to document the FreeBSD documentation
process/toolchain and they don't create MIF.

Nik's GIF indeed is really very helpful and shows DocBook beginners
very impressive how all the tools interact.

Michael
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org
mw@miwie.org