Re: Conceptual model for processing DocBook SGML and XML

On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 17:40, Michael Wiedmann wrote:

> AFAIK the FreeBSD toolchain for creating documentation indeed creates
> separate output TeX files for PDF and PS (the DSSSL customization file
> lets you customize each output differently).

I see. I didn't realise that... I'll have to go and have a look at the
style-sheets
> > Also, is it worth mentioning the MIF output of jade/openjade - Not sure
> > if anyone uses that?
>
> I think Nik's intention was to document the FreeBSD documentation
> process/toolchain and they don't create MIF.

OK.

> Nik's GIF indeed is really very helpful and shows DocBook beginners
> very impressive how all the tools interact.

So my first point is of more relevance! Is it permissable to change the
diagram so that it is more generic.... i.e. documents the behaviour of
the standard tools.

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Ian.