Re: "Abbreviated" DocBook

"Matt G." <matt_g_@hotmail.com> writes:

> I use an XSLT script to output the PCDATA of all the elements I care
> to spell check, then feed this through ispell.  The problem with this
> approach is that I have to manually integrate the corrected spellings
> back into the source document.  It would be nice to have an XML-aware
> spell-checker, that could accept a parameter specifying a file listing
> what elements to check and which to ignore.  :)

I use ispell...
It handles the elements very well. I use it inside Emacs.
It is also useful for SGML.

But it would be interesting to have ispell checking the documentation
of aspell... :o)))

> Secondly, I use indentation.  This is a little bit more work,
> especially since I write all my XML with vi, however I'm convinced
> it's worth the effort.

Oh... That's why you suffer a little. Not starting a war, but Emacs
has a lot of facilities to handle both SGML and XML. And these work
very fine with DocBook.

>>So, I was wondering if there exists any tools which will allow me
>>to enter in documents in a more terse and human readable form with
>>the minimal amount of tags and then have it expand it into full
>>DocBook form with all the special purpose tags in place.

Not special elements, but you can use simplified DocBook.

--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Solutions Developer       - Conectiva Inc. - http://en.conectiva.com
Desenvolvedor de Soluções - Conectiva S.A. - http://www.conectiva.com.br