Re: docbook-xml

Michael Charles Smith wrote:

> I'm very new to docbook, and I'm trying to get it set up.  Right now we
> have the xml version of the dtd, and I was trying to use jade to process
> it.  When I ran "nsgmls -sv test.doc"(the command it gives to test your
> setup of docbook in TDG, I  got a whole bunch of errors, of the form:
> /docbookx.dtd:74:17:E: "X20AC" is not a function name
> I've been reading some of the archived messages from this list, and it
> seems like jade might be the wrong program to use for the xml version of
> docbook.  Is that my problem, or did I just screw up the installation?
> And if I did screw up the installation, any idea what I need to do to fix
> it?  Thanks a lot.
>
> -Michael Smith

You might want to look at

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200011/msg00183.html

It is somewhat Windoze oriented, but the general ideas apply to all
platforms. A lot of people has had success just by telling jade to use
the XML declaration, but for some reason, this wasn't enough for med.
The error messages are caused by jade mixing SGML and XML versions of
the character entities.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

	Rune Enggaard Jensen