Problems with l10n...

First of all, I beg you pardon if this turns out to be a very trivial
question.

This is what I'm working with:

- Xalan Version 1.2.2, XML4J Version Xerces 1.2.2
- DocBook XSL stylesheet version >= 1.41

My DocBook documents can be transformed without problem with version
1.41 of the stylesheets, and actually I always work with this version.
But if I try to use version like 1.44, 1.45 or 1.48, I get messages like
the following:

========= Parsing file:/usr/local/lib/docbook-xsl-1.44/xhtml/docbook.xsl
=======
=== Parse of file:/usr/local/lib/docbook-xsl-1.44/xhtml/docbook.xsl took
6755 milliseconds
========= Parsing file:/home/giuliano/iccu/appunti/sparsi/a.xml ==========
Parse of file:/home/giuliano/iccu/appunti/sparsi/a.xml took 2609
milliseconds
=============================
Transforming...
Parser error: Element type "l:l10n" must be declared.
Parser error: Attribute "language" must be declared for element type
"l:l10n".
Parser error: Element type "l:gentext" must be declared.
Parser error: Attribute "key" must be declared for element type "l:gentext".
Parser error: Attribute "text" must be declared for element type
"l:gentext".
Parser error: Element type "l:gentext" must be declared.
Parser error: Attribute "key" must be declared for element type "l:gentext".
Parser error: Attribute "text" must be declared for element type
"l:gentext".

The output contains several thousands of similar lines.

Where am I wrong?

Can anyone show me at least some links to FAQ, docs and such?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
Virtual System Administrator