Re: OpenJade 1.3.1 (Re: Re: Print backend: problems withtable layouts

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 15:35, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 07:04:17AM -0800, Carlos Araya wrote:
> > Openjade is still being maintained and improved. I don't think J Clark is
> > maintaining Jade anymore. If there's any evolution in the Jade software
> > family it'll be in Openjade
>
> I'm using jade at the moment, but wondering whether it's worth moving to
> openjade.  What I'd really like to get working is texual flow about
> figures and sidebars.  That doesn't appear to work in jade.

jade/openjade currently implement the simple-page-sequence. This only
has a single "portal" into which objects are formatted, so you are
limited by this to what is possible (i.e. side bars and things like
that).

However, DSSSL and openjade support extensions....

Mandrake have done some work - implemented an extension - which is a bit
of hack, but does allow, If I understand things correctly, text to flow
around images/figures.. (only in the TeX backend though).