Re: FAQ tagging

That's what I use.  (I guess I should, considering it's there because of my
RFE!)  I've never thought of it as overkill, because the FAQ list I
maintain is long lived, and the revhistory gives the reader an idea as to
whether an entry is still current.

I find the original question, about versioning entries, interesting.  Many
of the entries are specific to a platform or product version.  For example,
"how to determine the CPU type," "crash running an ODBC test with version
4.5.x," or "kernel tuning for the DBMS."  Some entries are only relevant
under certain circumstances.  Others have a different answer depending on
the circumstances.

For now, we're content to live with the limitations of a simple DocBook FAQ
article.  However, as we accumulate more content, we may want more features
of a knowledgebase, in the customer support sense of the word.  The
MathWorks had a nice in-house system they called SWAT: solutions,
workarounds, and tips.  This sort of system really requires a database on
the back end, though.

--
Jon Willeke, Quality Engineer
InterSystems Corp.