Re: generate postscript from docbook xml

Better still, you can use openjade 1.3.1 and jadetex 3.12 for generally
excellent quality (certainly good enough for real books).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openjade
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jadetex

You will also need DSSSL stylesheets.

To process an XML file you will need the "xml.dcl" file (included in
openjade release).

openjade -v -t tex -V tex-backend -d file.dsl#print
/usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl file.xml

The openjade 1.3.1 distribution contains a reasonably complex document
called "releasenotes.xml", together with an example stylesheet called
releasenotes.dsl and a Makefile that shows you how to convert the xml to
PDF. These are in the "docsrc" directory.

You can look at the results by examining "releasenotes.pdf" on the
openjade project page "files" section.