Re: Navigation Tool for Docbook-Documents in Emacs

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 12:34:10PM +0100, Jens Emmerich wrote:
> Gave it a shot on the generated HTML: The arbritrary division in the imenu
> index is somewhat unfortunate, with ca. 320 section headings it's difficult
> to find the h1's among them. Is there any way to make imenu represent the
> hirarchy? Or should one use something like speedbar (never looked at the api
> of that).

Hm, well, imenu itself does not represent hierarchies - that's why I
wrote hier-imenu.  Are you sure you activated hier-imenu ?

> Replacing the (assoc substr hier-imenu-levels) in
> imenu-create-hierarchical-index with a function call (optionally) would
> allow to integrate <section> by searching the PSGML tree upwards also. Maybe
> I should try it this evening.

I have started to think about recursive headings, I'll probably
implement that some day.  I also got some bug reports that I did not
investigate yet - just need to find some time, and think of this
particular project when free time comes :)

> FYI I attached my current approach to this. If you can spare some time, look
> at doctoc.el comments. Not polished (autoload etc.), some XEmacs specific
> parts, but you should get the idea (of useability). Comments/ideas more than
> welcome.

Will do, thanks.
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre