From: Dennis Grace [mailto:dgrace@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 4:51 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: file IDs and customization layers (XML to HTML)

A few weeks back, I posted:
> Jirka Kosek replied to Bob's
>

> > That parameter is only used by the chunking stylesheet.
> > The non-chunking stylesheet (is there a better name
> > for that concept?) has no concept of an output filename,
> > but instead writes to standard output, which
> > the XSL processor redirects with its -output option.
> > Using the chunk stylesheet just to get the filename
> > probably will have side effects (like generating other
> > chunks).
> <<<<
>
> with
>

> There is onechunk.xsl stylesheets, which is based on chuning code but
> produces just one HTML file.
> <<<<
>
> I tried processing through onechunk, but I got the following error
> messages:
>
> : file onechunk.xsl line 47 element call-template
> xsl-call-template : template process-chunk-element not found
>
> What exactly is this supposed to be telling me?

To which Bob Stayton replied:

That you are using a buggy stylesheet.  8^)
I think onechunk.xsl is not being updated as the
other chunking stylesheet files have been, so it
is out of sync.  That missing template used to be in
chunk-common.xsl (version 1.45), but was moved to
chunk.xsl in version 1.46.  But onechunk.xsl didn't
get updated to follow the change.

File a sourceforge bug and let Norm bring onechunk.xsl
up to date.
<<<<

Okay, I filed the bug. I also tried out onechunk.xsl with the include
corrected (chunk.xsl vice chunk-common.xsl). I guess you could say it
works. Unfortunately, it produces an output file named index.html, just
like it does to the top level of a chunked file set. I can't find what's
generating the index.html name for the root element. I thought it might be
the html.base param, but I tried turning that off, and it had no effect.
Anyone know how I can override whatever is replacing my root ID with

Thanks.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

This sentence no verb.