Re: Manage project documents with docbook

Eric

>>has there been attempts to manage project related documents with
docbook?
>>I'm looking to manage trees of deliverables (possibly with associated
>>action lists).  This tree of deliverables is similar to a work breakdown
>>structure (WBS) with for each one an owner, time estimate, required
inputs,
>>etc... It needs to be displayed in graphical form and in tabular form
>>during the planning and execution phases.

Have you looked at CVS (http://www.cvshome.org/docs/overview.html). It
will certainly manage your documents for you but I'm not sure about your
other requirements depending on how you you want to manage time estimates,
required inputs etc. There is a Web GUI interface available that you can
bolt onto your server for graphical views of the tree structure.

We use CVS to manage our concurrent authoring of docbook files but use
other systems for project management (for historical reasons rather than
technical).

Mart

Martin Gautier
Technology Consultant