Beginners Q. Centering chapter titles

I've just started using docbook to share some text with colleagues. Using the xsl 1.49 stylesheets and fop 0.20.3 I've managed to get nicely rendered PDF in an amazingly short space of time. A big thank you to Norm Walsh for the stylesheets.

The text I'm dealing with is not (strictly speaking) technical and I'm trying to present it in a style that is closer to a classical text book than a technical manual. Most of the changes to the stylesheets I need are handled by the xsl:params but there's one area that I've not been able to fix. I'm trying to center chapter titles over the body text. At the moment the chapter titles are severely left justified.

What is the best way to do this ?

Andy Dwelly