Re: My ordered lists have extra space between lines.

One of the things you should consider and check out is the extent to which
default padding and margins my have an effect on the display. I've run into
a lot of differences among browsers that can be eliminated or at least
reduced by explicitly re-setting the style characteristics of P (and, I
suppose, LI) to something that alternative browsers will at least attempt
to interpret consistently. You can do this with a quick STYLE block in the
HEAD. (I qualify this when Netscape 4.x is in the equation; one needs to be
a lot more into the bug trivia of that browser than I am to get it to work
at all, let along consistently. Reason enough to join the "Update Your
Browser" campaign.)

cheers.                 ...edN