RE: xhtml and hhp

It turns out that this was a case of 'post haec ergo propter hoc unum'
(after these things, therefore on account of this one thing) reasoning
on my part--I had changed more than one thing, then only focused on one
of them as the cause of the problem. I had also turned on
htmlhelp.enumerate.images (no idea why I did--I'm the kind of guy who
flips switches to see what they do). There was no problem at first, then
in this one particular project, the existence of those image files in
the .hhp caused hhc.exe to crash. It still complains about the xml
declaration, but it's non-fatal. hhc.exe is indeed a nastly little
program in any case.

Thanks,
David