Re: Overview of available editors

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, David Kilgour <towser1@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> W3C mentions sign language, http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/
> and hints of the potential to mark-up for sign language in their
> "Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0"

They do indeed mention "sign language" (sic) as if there is only one. Well
I suppose I should be content that in the glossary the editors mention a
specific signed language "American Sign Language" but despite the
over-agreesive efforts of some development agencies, which are trying to
force ASL on everybody, there are indigenous signed languageS in every
country of the world.

> ... The relevance of this is of course Norm will be
> putting it all in docbook somehow:>)

The mention os SVG in that W3C document gives me the opportunity to ask if
support for SVG is going to be added to DocBook and the DSSSL stylesheets?
A question that at least tries to put this tirade back on topic.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!