Re: Docbook/XML, done with Java

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 11:59, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Which is probably about as commercial as Daniel gets <grin/>
>
> I'm curious about ant and comparative usage of the processors
> so I'd be happy for it to remain on list.
>
> Is ant the java equivalent of a script file that works on win32 and *nix?
>
> Regards DaveP

Heh, true... I don't think it's in "Nonfree" though. :)

Ant is pretty much a "Java Make", but that doesn't do it proper
justice.  Read http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/intro.html for the
whole deal.

As it's written in Java, simply pick your favorite JVM.

As to it's ability to process DocBook, that seems to be more dependant
on the underlying processors' ability to do their jobs.  So far, I
haven't had a whole lot of luck with this.  By "this" I mean using the
native Ant calls, rather than simply "exec'ing" the code itself.

Not that using exec is bad, just I'd prefer to learn the "Ant way" of
doing things.

If I ever get it all working, I'll post a Jar file :)

Thanks,
Matt