Re: Website Info Needed

At 07:37 12/04/2002 -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:
>Hi Dave,
>
>Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.
>I'm really intrigued by the metadata nature of the system and that boiler
>plate, menus etc can be added and changed easily.

I thought so too.
Then I found ant :-)

One hell of an overlap in what they do, with slightly different objectives.

Like Eric, I too had it working once I adapted for win32 usage,
and simplified it. Very nifty tool.

~The problem now is figuring out which should be doing what, and what
each is better at.

The list of commands in the ant documentation is quite full,
so its obviously very capable.

Quick swipe at which is best for what

    Ant: directing output to where you want it.
    stylesheets: configuring the build (chunk/not chunk is ant'ish')
    Ant: selecting files to build
                 ?? Can I say 'if src date newer than X'
    Chances are ant could upload the the web site if I could figure out how!

Any other views on horses and courses?

Thanks again Sven. Very useful.

Regards DaveP