PassiveTeX install problem

Hi,

I'm having problems installing, i.e. rather using my freshly installed
PassiveTex. I followed the instructions at
http://www.hcu.ox.ac.uk/TEI/Software/passivetex/

I removed the teTeX installation of my SuSE distibution, then installed the
recent texlive distribution. Then I downloaded and installed passivetex.zip
as well as the updated xmltex.tex as recommended.

I then ran mktexlsr and fmtutil to rebuild the filename database and format
files.

The problem is that I can't use xmltex in neither of the two ways presented.
I copied teiu5.fo to my home directory and tried both. Each complains about
"No File: teiu5.cfg (/usr/share/tex/texmf/tex/latex/passivetex/fotex.xmt" in
one of the top lines and then stops with an error:

> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.29 \XMLstringX
>                 \prop@width<>proportional-column-width(1)</>

for "pdflatex "&pdfxmltex" teiu5.fo" and

> ! Package fontenc Error: Encoding file `t2aenc.def' not found.
> (fontenc)                You might have misspelt the name of the encoding.
>
> See the fontenc package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.95 \ProcessOptions*
for "pdflatex teiu5.tex"

TIA,