Re: footnote formatting

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 02:56:12PM +0300, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 11:44:09AM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > For #3, I suppose you can redefine footnote-number (from print/dbblock.dsl).
>
> I've played with that a bit, but I couldn't figure out how to find
> whether the node being processed is the first footnote on the page. Any
> ideas?

Hm.  Page limits are decided by TeX, so this would have to be a mixed
solution.  Maybe define some new flow object, that JadeTeX could turn
into the number you want.  Never got to do such things, it may require
patching openjade as well.  Probably Ian Castle could confirm.

> > For #1 and #2, I fear it's hardcoded into JadeTeX.  Maybe you can take
> > the definition for \PageFootnote from JadeTeX, paste it into your
> > jadetex.cfg, and hack it there.
>
> You mean the block starting with "\long\def\PageFootnote#1#2{#1%" and
> ending with "}" in jadetex.ltx, no? I'll try that.

That's the one I thought about.  I'm no TeXpert enough to directly
tell whether it's doable, however.

> Besides, how does openjade know that it should output "\PageFootnote"
> for element footnote (or, in general, output TeX macros for any
> respective DocBook markup), is that hardcoded into openjade?

No, there's a (make page-footnote) in dbblock.dsl.  I guess the
hardcoded stuff is page-footnote => \PageFootnote.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique