Re: footnote formatting

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 04:42:49PM +0300, Baurjan Ismagulov wrote:
> > No, there's a (make page-footnote) in dbblock.dsl.  I guess the
> > hardcoded stuff is page-footnote => \PageFootnote.
>
> I see. That isn't the way XSL stylesheets work, is it? I.e., XSL
> stylesheets carry all the info necessary to convert the XML source into
> whatever output, without anything being hardcoded into the processor?

Not exactly.  XSL stylesheets allow production of HTML or FO, and FO
has to be converted into something printable (eg. with PassiveTeX).
*jade blurs the limit, as the equivalent of XSL-FO is only an internal
(although ~ dumpable using -t fot) representation, and *jade really
translates this into other formats (tex, rtf, mif...).

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique