Re: Re: The Best Linux Distribution to work with DocBook

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 09:02:43AM -0300, Jorge Godoy wrote:
> SEBASTIÁN VIÚDEZ ORTEGA <s.viudez@parlamento-and.es> writes:
>
> >      Between the main Linux distributions - RedHat,
> > Suse, Mandrake, etc.-, i would need to know, based in
> > your experience, wich one is the more appropriate to
> > work with Openjade, Jadetex, LaTex, StyleSheets,
> > DocBook-DTD's, Graphics, XML Editors, XML Browsers
> > and other related tools, in order to make pdf's,
> > HTML's, etc. documents from XML DocBook documents (I want
> > to say wich distribution is more complet and updated, and
> > less buggy).
>
> I don't think anyone can answer this without some tendency on the
> answer. You should also check which distribution has an active person
> on these packages, how often they are updated, how many DTDs are
> available, etc.

  Well I will expose my bias. I am the main author of libxml2 and
libxslt (xsltproc), I am paid by Red Hat, and as such I will give
priority to Red Hat customers when I'm under time pressure. Tim Waugh
also helps a lot on making sure our distribution will work for most
documentation needs. That said I think it's well known I tend to
process bugs from whoever raises them, even from Windows users.

Daniel