Re: Onechunk problem

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:33:47AM -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:
> Greetings, all
>
> I've been using the docbook-xsl-1.50.0/html/onechunk.xsl without problems
> on <article>s, but when I tried to apply it to a <book>, I got the
> following error for every chapter in the book:
>

>       Error chapter is not a chunk!
>       Writing for chapter
>       runtime error: file
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.50.0/html/chunker.xsl
>       line 79 element document
>       xsltDocumentElem: URL computation failed for
>
> When I run this transformation with the 1.49 version of onechunk.xsl, it
> works. I looked over chunker.xsl, but I could see nothing wrong there. I'm
> not sure which "line 79" the error is referring to or what the last line of
> this error message means.
>
> So, before dropping this on sourceforge as a bug, I was wondering if anyone
> else has had this problem and whether anyone here can help me isolate this
> problem a bit.

I think the stylesheet error here is "Error chapter is not a chunk!"
That is the chunker.xsl stylesheet problem that needs
some work.  Something in the decision making about chunks.

The rest of the error comes from xsltproc, I believe:

>       runtime error: file /usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.50.0/html/chunker.xsl
>       line 79 element document
>       xsltDocumentElem: URL computation failed for

I just started running across this error myself, but I'm
not using the chunker.xsl stylesheet.

I've been converting refentrys to man pages using the
db2man XSL stylesheet.  It isn't using either of the
docbook.xsl stylesheets because it is producing text
output, not fo or html.  So it doesn't use chunker.xsl.

But it does use the same output element that chunker uses:
<exsl:document>.  Actually, db2man arrives using
<xt:document> but I changed it to <exsl:document>.
In both of our cases, the line number points
to that element.  Oddly enough, when I get this error,
it still produces the correct output.  And I have a couple
of dozen other refentries that don't produce this noise.
It appears to be trying to compute a URL for a blank
argument.

So I can't solve your problem, but I can at least steer
you away from some of the noise.  8^)

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com