Re: possible issue with fo XSLT

> From: Vincent Sanders <vince@trinity.fluff.org>
>
> Hi! Wasnt sure if this should go to this list of the apps list...so I chose
> hope thats allright!

Processing Docbook is considered an application, so
docbook-apps is the right list.  I'm forwarding this message
to that list.

> Ok here goes
> I have recently started using docbook to document our companys products.
> I have produced a large amount of documentation and taken advantage of the
> "set" feature to collect several books concerned with a project together.
>
> I have applied norms XSLT FO transform (version 1.50.0) to produce an
> output xml file in FO format (using several processors including xsltproc
> and saxon). I then attempted to use FOP to create pdf output from this FO
> file, this resulted in FOP (version 0.20.3) giving an error:
> [ERROR]: The id "toc...book1_chapter_2" already exists in this document
>
> I examine the FO file and sure enough the id is indeed duplicated...
>
> I have produced a minimal xml source file and the fo output generated by
> xsltproc(note saxons output is very similar)
>
> The issue appears to be that the set TOC duplicates the book TOC id when
> a chapter of the book has sections.
>
> commands issued are:
>
> xsltproc nwalsh/fo/docbook.xsl test.xml >test.fo
> fop -q -fo test.fo -pdf test.pdf
>
> so nothing fancy at all
>
> the example test.xml is
>
> <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
> <!DOCTYPE set PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
>                "file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd" [
> ]>
> <set id="set_id">
>   <book id="book1_id">
>     <title>book 1</title>
>     <chapter id="book1_chapter_1">
>       <title>chapter 1</title>
>       <para>book 1 chapter 1 para 1</para>
>     </chapter>
>     <chapter id="book1_chapter_2">
>       <title>chapter 2</title>
>       <para>book 1 chapter 2 para 1</para>
>       <section>
>         <title>book 1 chapter 2 para 1 section 1</title>
>         <para>book 1 chapter 2 para 1 section 1 para 1</para>
>       </section>
>     </chapter>
>   </book>
> </set>
>

> the FO output is ... err not attached as its big and can be replicated readily
>
> I have tried passivetex which doesnt produce an error but doenst handle the
> tables in my real documentation anywhere near as well as FOP does.
>
> What am i doing wrong and how do i fix this?

You aren't doing anything wrong, this is a bug in the 1.50.0
stylesheets.  It doesn't seem to be in the 1.49
stylesheets.  I went ahead and filed the bug on Source
Forge.

PassiveTeX does report it as a duplicate id, and then says
it is ignoring the duplicate.  FOP is more rigorous and
fails it.