Re: javahelp.xsl questions

Vincent Hikida wrote:
> I have a few questions on using javahelp.xsl.
>
> 1) Right after each chapter heading in the javahelp html, I get the text
> "Table of Contents". I realize that in a regular docbook html, that a table
> of contents goes after the chapter heading, however this seems pretty
> meaningless in javahelp. Am I doing something wrong and how do I get rid of
> it?

You can control ToC creation by parameter generate.toc. To get rid off
all ToCs, you can use something like:

<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
appendix  nop
article   nop
book      nop
chapter   nop
</xsl:param>

in your customization layer.

> 2) The labels in the map file that is generated seems random alphanumeric
> text. I need to reference these labels in java code in order to get context
> sensitive help. a) Is there a tag in the docbook xml that I can use to set
> these "labels"?

I think that setting id attribute on component container (chapter,
section, ...) will help. Content of ID should be used then instead of
autogenerated value.

> b) Will these "labels" stay constant accross each iteration
> of an XLS transform?

Usually yes, but XSLT specifications says that they can be different in
each transformation.

> I am a complete newbie at all this XML related technology. I hope I am
> posting to the right mailing list.

Your hope is right. ;-)

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek