Re: FOP 0.20.3 with 1.50.0 SS problem.

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Eric Richardson <eric.richardson@milagrosoft.com> was heard to say:
> | Hi,
> | I hope this hasn't been covered before but I'm having problems with a
> | FAQ and FOP 0.20.3 and the 1.50.0 stylesheets as follows:
> |
> | [java] [INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
> |       [java] [INFO]: building formatting object tree
> |       [java] [WARN]: property - "linefeed-treatment" is not implemented yet.
> |       [java] [ERROR]: 'master-reference' for 'fo:page-sequence'matches
> | no 'simple-page-master' or 'page-sequence-master'
>
> What stylesheet produced this? I thought I'd fixed all the master-reference
> problems long ago. Do you have a customization layer?

I must have been pointing to something wrong as I'm not getting that
problem anymore. I do have a customixation just to enable extensions as
such, no templates.

> | For xhtml/docbook.xsl.
> | [java]
> | file:/home/maxwell/pws/jdocbook/docbook-xsl-1.50.0/common/common.xsl;
> | Line 1385; Column 35; XSLT Error
> | (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException): 5 >= 1
>
> The Xalan folks have some sort of bug.

I guess I'll try some other versions and see if I can figure this one
out. It is just a docbook xml that I have been transforming all long.

> | But for fo/docbook.xsl the result is different. The xml to fo seems to
> | occur okay but the fo to pdf gives the following.
> |
> | [java] [INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
> |       [java] [INFO]: building formatting object tree
> |       [java] [WARN]: property - "linefeed-treatment" is not implemented yet.
> |       [java] [INFO]: [1]
> |       [java] [INFO]: [2]
> |       [java] [ERROR]: The id "N1003D" already exists in this document
> |
> | Funny thing is that I only see this id once in the fo document.
>
> Right. FOP doesn't like IDs on the page-sequences, it wants them on
> some inner block. That'd be hard to do (reliably) in the stylesheets,
> and I think the page sequence is the right place for an ID for the,
> uh, page sequence, so I'm hoping the FOP guys will fix this one.

How can I get around this one or is this a result of specifying an id on
  a <qandaentry>?

> | p.s. the doc is a more than one qandaset inside an article. Any small
> | working qandaset doc would be appreciated as an example.
>
> See the testdocs distribution.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Eric