Re: SVG in HTML output, XSLT stylesheets

Dave Pawson wrote:
> I had occasion today to include an SVG diagram in HTML output.
> Is this a rare beast?

Not at all!  Almost all of the images and diagrams we
use in our course materials are SVG.  We'll soon be
exposing more SVG content (not necessarily images)
on the website.

Of course, the user's browser must support SVG.
Adobe's SVG viewer plugin is popular, and Mozilla
is developing native support.

> Perhaps suggest for inclusion in mediaobject?

I treat them exactly the same way as images, ie. use
imageobject inside a mediaobject.  I note that DocBook
4.1.2+ has provision for SVG.

Cheers,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas